Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Experience with courage

One experience that I had with courage was when I spoke in front of a large crowd. There were about one hundred or more adults of whom were Girl  Scout leaders or had some how participated in helping the Girl Scout community. Many of the adults were getting awards for being in Girl Scouts for a significant number of years. One lady had been in Girl Scouts for 75 years. When I learned this after we had a chat she became my idol. I want to be involved in Girl Scouts as long as she has been. I wrote her a letter explaining what an inspiration she was to me and how I was thankful for everything that she did for the community. At the presentation of the awards I read a poem to the adults about what characteristics a true Girl Scout has and there role in the community. i was very nervous that I would mess up. In the end I read the poem fluently and got many complements from people and the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment