Monday, October 7, 2013

For the A

Student gets back an assignment that she studied for four hours for and got a 54.
After class the teacher calls the student to come talk to her

Teacher: Mary what happened on this test? you always get at least an A.
Student: I am not quite sure I studied a ton and I thought I understood all the concepts on the test.
Teacher: Do you want me to go over with you what went wrong after school?
Student: That sounds great would I be able to retake the test?
Teacher: I do not allow students to retake tests.
Mary: I am sure that I would do a lot better if I was able to go over what I did wrong and then take it again.
Teacher: I will allow it this one time because I know that you studied and you always try your hardest.
Student: Thank you so much.

This would be a difficult conversation to have because you are sad from disappointment and you do not want to argue with the teacher but you do want a higher grade.



No comments:

Post a Comment